Chloe Chappe's Golden Chickpea Pancakes
2 ½ cups chickpea (garbanzo bean) flour
½ tsp turmeric
1 tsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp paprika
½ tsp salt
8 shiitakes, destemmed and sliced lengthwise
4 leaves dinosaur kale, destemmed and washed
Half a yellow onion, sliced
Splash of apple cider vinegar
1 cup goat yogurt
1 tsp salt
a few healthy cracks of pepper
a nice glug of olive oil
1. Mix all dry ingredients.
2. Heat a skillet with enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan. When oil is sizzling, add your onions and cook until soft and translucent. Add your mushrooms, cook until soft. Add your kale and cook until wilted, then add a few pinches of salt and your splash of cider vinegar. Set aside.
3. Mix 2 cups of water into the dry ingredients. Your batter should expand and have a thick but airy consistency. Mix your vegetables into the wet batter.
4. In a non-stick pan, heat oil until very hot. Depending on the size of your pan, add scoops of your batter to make either one large pancake or a few small pancakes. Cook pancakes on each side until browned. Continue with the rest of the batter.
5. For the yogurt sauce, mix all ingredients together. Taste and adjust with salt and pepper if needed.
6. Serve hot with yogurt sauce and a lemony greens salad on the side.